Drugsblogger

Friday, December 29, 2006

Moaning and groaning

I pointed out to the police blogger mentioned in my recent post that being new to police blogs I had been staggered by the sheer amount of moaning which goes on. If it's not the 'crims, slags, low-lifes' etc who get them going it's the paperwork. PC Bloggs obviously read my comments and responded wittily about 'institutional moaning' in the police service and the need for a commission to look in to it and report.

It got me thinking about moaning in our field - there is certainly a lot of it about paperwork and demands for information from all sides. But I think, at least in my own agency that we try to explain to staff about why information is needed and to give them strategies for easing the burdens of paperwork. I hope we do any way.

However, looking at our intranet there isn't a great deal of moaning and there is a lot of constructive thought and feedback. Hopefully not just because I can access the intranet too.

2 Comments:

At 3:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I notice that all we seem to do is moan lol

 
At 6:32 AM, Blogger Drugsblogger said...

I think it probably goes with the job. Sadly I fear that no matter which party is in government the demands for information will just increase. What we have to do is find ways to manage it so morale isn't dented and we can get shot of it asap - and get on with our work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home